Room 18

Room 18
We are all looking forward to an exciting year of learning and fun in Room 18. We will use our blog to share our learning throughout the year. Please look at our posts and make comments. Check our ‘quality comments’ tab on our blog to learn how to make a quality comment. We love to hear what people have to say about our learning. Room 18

Saturday 11 May 2013

Holly's Holiday Highlight

In writing we are learning to use paragraphs.

Holly wrote an interesting story about her holiday highlight using paragraphs correctly.

The Amazing Maze 'n Maize

It was the Monday of the second week of the holidays, I woke up,"I wonder what we should do today?" I thought to myself. Then it struck me, I instantly remembered that my sister and I were going to go to the Amazing Maze with Pigeon Mountain Bizzy Bodz. To be honest, I wasn't very excited about going because Mum signed us both up without us knowing. It was a bit of a pain.

I was walking out of my room when I realised my Mum had gone to work already, so my Dad had to drop us off. My Dad owns a company and he had an important meeting, so I got dropped off at Devon's house for a while before the holiday programme started. I just hung around in Devon's room with her and before we knew it, we were at the holiday programme. We arrived when all the others were getting ready to walk out the door and jump onto the bus. The bus trip was about an hour and a half, but I managed to amuse myself. After a while, we arrived at Spookers Theme Park, where the Amazing Maze had been built. We had to walk through a long, winding path to reach the area where there where things like climbing walls and waterslides. But we were mainly there for the high, long, winding maze.

We sat down, anxious to walk straight through the shining, silver gates. Finally, my group was up. We walked forward, grabbed a light blue flag, just in case we got lost and we ran into the maze, excited to find our way to some interesting sights. We walked round and round in circles for a few minutes and finally found our way to a rather long bridge. We zoomed up the steps, walked over and found a path leading to a huge can with lots of flags in it, we had found the way out! It sounds like it was easy to get out, but trust me, it wasn't! It took us at least a good forty five minutes to get out. We were stuck walking in the same path a couple of times and we walked into thousands of dead ends. I was just relieved to get out. It was very frustrating.

I ate lunch and went and played on the inflatable climbing wall, a mini maze and an inflatable alien space ship. That took about an hour and then I was allowed to go on a water slide. It was really long, fast and slippery. They got an old toilet, painted it yellow, and made it look like the waterslide was run in toilet water! It was very believable! I went on a couple of times, got a score of eight and went and got changed. Then we walked back the long trail and hopped on the bus to head home.

I enjoyed the Amazing Maze n Maize. It wasn't what I expected. It was way more fun than imaginable. I really want to go one day with my whole family.

By Holly

2 comments:

  1. I read your story to my mum it was amazing I hope I can go there with my family to!

    From Meg

    ReplyDelete