Room 18

Room 18
We are all looking forward to an exciting year of learning and fun in Room 18. We will use our blog to share our learning throughout the year. Please look at our posts and make comments. Check our ‘quality comments’ tab on our blog to learn how to make a quality comment. We love to hear what people have to say about our learning. Room 18

Thursday 8 August 2013

Devon's Holiday Diary

In Written Language we are learning to write in paragraphs.
Devon was very lucky because when we all came back to school after the holidays, she went to Australia for a week!  Here is her Australia holiday highlights story. Devon decided to write her story like a diary using paragraphs. Well done Devon.

My Trip to Australia

Friday 26 July
I flew to Australia. When we arrived at the hotel we were staying at I was surprised because my room was amazing. It had a wonderful ocean view and wonderful beds they were so comfortable.

Saturday 27 July
My family and I went the Robina Shopping Centre. At the shops I bought a Diary of a Wimpy Kid Do It Yourself Book. I bought it at the book shop. For lunch I had Hungry Jacks it was delicious.

Sunday 28 July
It was my BIRTHDAY I turned NINE. For my birthday we went to Australia Zoo. First we saw the crocodiles they were only babies. Within minutes we saw the koalas’ one of them had a baby.

Monday 29 July
We went to Sea World. I went on Jet Rescue 4 times it was a roller coaster and it went 70 kilometers per hour it was very fast. I also touched a stingray at ray reef they are very slimy.

Wednesday 31 July
I went to Movie World. I went on the Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster it was scary. Then I ran to another roller coaster called Road Runner.

Thursday 1 August
I went to Wet and Wild and I struggled to get up the stairs to a ride called the Tornado. After that I went on the Kamikaze where you drop straight down and you’re on an inflatable boat thing, it was scary. For dinner we went to Twin Towns it was yum I had a really nice burger with tomato, bacon, lettuce and other stuff.

Friday 2 August
It was time to go I was sad. When we got to the airport we went to check in. It was a three hour flight we got back at 10:30 at night.

By Devon


1 comment:

  1. Well done Devon! I love how you have put your holiday highlights into paragraphs. What a fantastic time you had with your family!

    Mrs Tobin

    ReplyDelete